HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL (HSE) OFFICER
Rubis Eastern Caribbean SRL, a company specializing in the marketing of petroleum products, is seeking to fill the vacant position of Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Officer within our Operations Department.
We are seeking an individual to provide support for all Health, Safety & Environmental matters that relate to the storage and distribution of refined petroleum products between our fuel storage terminals and our retail, commercial and industrial sites in the region. The position will also provide HSE assistance for engineering matters and for all aspects of OPEX and CAPEX projects.
The key responsibilities for the position include:
- Perform audits ensuring all sites are in compliance with Rubis safety standards
- Assist with project scoping, budgeting and execution with special emphasis on safety and environmental areas
- Ensure compliance with company and industry operating and HSE standards and procedures, and Government codes and regulations
- Assist with development of HSE standards, procedures and processes
- Collect HSE information and analyze data for preparation of regular reports for management review
- Manage environmental remedial projects including supervising contractors
Skills and Attributes
- A collaborative approach and strong team player
- Detail and results oriented with strong analytical skills
- Good critical thinking capability with a problem-solving approach
- Willingness to work outside of regular working hours and travel
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred) or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ post-graduate experience in petroleum facilities operations or in a similar role
- Experience with marine vessels in petroleum operations would be an asset
- Direct experience with enforcement of Health, Safety & Environmental standards, project management, industrial facilities maintenance and contractor management
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with computerized drawing software would be an asset.
All applications and curriculum vitae should be submitted by email on or before 30th May 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are asked to use “HSE Officer – Barbados” as the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.