RUBIS Grenada – General Contractors
INVITATION TO PRE-QUALIFY
GENERAL CONTRACTORS – GRENADA
Rubis West Indies Limited (RWIL), a company specializing in the marketing of petroleum products, is seeking to expand our cadre of General Contractors.
We operate retail service stations where safety, reliability and efficiency are the key pillars of our operations. We are seeking small to medium sized General Contractors who we can train and certify to perform building works at our facilities. We therefore invite experienced and qualified General Contractors to submit their resumes and company profiles as part of a pre-qualification process to determine their suitability to bid on our construction projects. These projects require the contractor to undertake various elements of work involving, but not limited to, civil, mechanical and electrical works.
Qualification & Experience
The minimum requirements are:
- Seven years’ experience in the construction industry working with budgets of a minimum of US$150,000, or local equivalent.
- City & Guilds Diploma in Building/Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or their local equivalent.
- Simultaneous management of several sub-contractors on a project site.
- Reading, interpreting, and producing (where necessary) construction drawings.
- Proven effective communication with project stakeholders.
- Familiarity with NFPA 70 guidelines for electrical installations in hazardous areas.
- Entity must be a locally registered company in Grenada and be in good standing with all Government regulatory agencies.
- Companies should also submit any evidence of VAT registration, safety certification, company registration or incorporation documents and any other documents which underscore their expertise and compliance with government regulations.
Companies meeting the minimum requirements listed above should register their interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with copies of documents to support pre-qualification criteria, by 23 August 2021. Suitable candidates will be contacted by the RUBIS Pre-Qualification Committee for further review and ultimately invited to bid on projects within their area of expertise.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Excavating, removing, and installing of underground storage tanks
- Constructing concrete forecourt
- Dismantling and erecting steel canopies
- Constructing drainage and installing oil/water separator systems
- Constructing concrete pump islands
- Excavating and re-instating of trenches for underground High Density Polyethylene Pipes (HDPE) and electrical cables according to industry and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) guidelines.
- Removing and installing underground fuel HDPE pipes systems
- Removing and installing dispensers
- Re-installing vent lines
- Installing measurement and safety devices in underground storage tanks according to industry and OMEs guidelines
- Safe draining and evacuating of fuels from tank and pipeline systems.
- Removing and installing of electrical cables
- Disconnecting and reconnecting of canopy and perimeter lights
- Disconnecting and reconnecting of dispensers
- Disconnecting, reconnecting, and assisting with programming of Gilbarco Veeder Root System
- Experience with working successfully with local authority wiring guidelines and procedures
- Familiar with NFPA 70 guidelines for electrical installations in hazardous areas
- Disconnecting, reconnecting, and testing of submersible pumps