RUBIGAS LPG CYLINDER
RUBIGAS is our Liquid Petroleum Gas brand. At RUBIS we know customers want a clean, safe and reliable source of LPG for their home and commercial needs. RUBIGAS is available in green cylinders at all RUBIS Service Stations and other outlets in the traditional sizes. The 100lb (and in some cases 50lb) cylinders are sold through our local distributors. RUBIGAS cylinders will be maintained using specialized shot blasting and spray painting equipment. Cylinders will be pressure washed and pressure tested regularly to ensure that customers receive the same high quality product each time. RUBIGAS is sold in Barbados, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia and St. Vincent only.
Rubis West Indies Limited,
Rubigas Depot, Spring Garden,
St. Michael, Barbados
Tel: (246) 417 8970 / 8971 / 8972
Fax: (246) 425 6231
Demerera Oxygen Company Limited (DOCOL), Eccles, East Bank Demerara,
Republic of Guyana Tel: (592) 233-2728
Fax: (592) 233 2664
St. Vincent Motors Limited, Arnos Vale,
P.O. Box 836, Kingstown, St. Vincent
Tel: (784) 458 4821 | Fax: (784) 456 5360
Geo. F. Huggins & Co. (G’da) Ltd.,
Mt. Gay, St. George’s, Grenada
Tel: (473) 440 2209
Fax: (473) 440 6134
Rubis West Indies Limited,
Buckeye Administration Building,
Cul De Sac, Castries, St. Lucia
Tel: (758) 452 2306
Fax: (758) 452 2307
RUBIS knows that customers want a safe and clean cylinder for their home and our focus is on offering customers well maintained RUBIGAS cylinders. To ensure the quality and safety of the cylinders offered to customers RUBIGAS cylinders will be maintained using specialized shot blasting and spray painting equipment. Cylinders will be pressure washed and pressure tested regularly to ensure that customers receive the same high quality product each time.
LPG is one of the most common fuels used for cooking. It is generally safe as long as simple safety rules are observed.
- Choose RUBIGAS as your reliable, trusted LPG brand. It is a high quality LPG product with reliable after-sales service support.
- Always transport RUBIGAS cylinders in an upright position.
- Do not throw or roll RUBIGAS cylinders. Always lift and position cylinders carefully.
- Always place RUBIGAS cylinders in an area with space all around to allow adequate ventilation.
- Take care in applying the regulator to the cylinder valve. Turn off the regulator and remove it from the cylinder if it does not fit properly on the cylinder valve, or if the smell of gas is evident. Take the cylinder to your RUBIGAS dealer to be checked.
- Check the condition of the rubber hose regularly and change at least every two years. Always use the approved LPG hose obtained from your RUBIGAS dealer. Ordinary rubber or garden hoses must never be used as they are not designed for LPG use.
- Carefully inspect the regulator every time you change your cylinder. Take it to your RUBIGAS dealer immediately if you see deep scratches, worn areas or any other signs of damage. Replace your click-on regulator every five (5) years.
- Never attempt to locate a gas leak using a naked flame. Turn off the stove. Find the shut off valve at the regulator and turn the gas off. The gas is off when the valve handle is at right angle to the gas pipe. Report the problem to your RUBIGAS service provider.
- Always light the match or igniter BEFORE turning on the gas when lighting an appliance. Check to see that the pilot burner has ignited, especially inside ovens where it is not easy to see the flame.
- Never expose your RUBIGAS cylinder to heat to avoid unnecessary risk.
- In the unlikely event of a fire involving your appliance, immediately turn off both the appliance and gas. Remove the cylinder to a safe, well-ventilated area. Do these steps only if they can be done safely.
1IF YOU SMELL GAS
- Make sure you turn off your stove and gas cylinder
- DO NOT use matches, lighters or operate electrical devices
- Open all doors and windows immediately
- To locate a leak, spray soapy water on all connections. If there is a leak bubbles will appear.
- Call your RUBIGAS dealer for assistance promptly
2TO INSTALL REGULATOR
- Lift the locking ring up and fit the regulator onto the cylinder valve. Note, some regulators require the ON/OFF switch to be in the OFF position, otherwise you will not be able to fit the regulator onto the cylinder.
- Press the locking ring down until a “click” is heard.
The regulator is now correctly fitted.
- Double check by holding the regulator tightly and lifting the cylinder.
If the regulator separates from the bottle, then it was not correctly fitted.
(Repeat Step 1)
- For gas to flow, turn lever to “ON” position.
Remember to turn off lever when appliance is not in use.
The red under side of the lever when visible indicates “ON” position.